Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Upcoming Hikes for the Weekend of 8/15-16

This weekend will be one of contrasts. My friend Jaime and I are going to tackle not one, but two hikes down at Mount Rainier. This will mean a long day not just of hiking but also of driving. It will be nice to have someone to talk to on this drive though (last week on the trip to Ozette, I did a lot of talking to myself...horrible habit). Our hiking mileage for the Rainier trip should be around 10 miles or so, not too bad. It's the elevation gains that will be the tough part. Here's hoping for sunny skies and well rested legs come Saturday!

Sundays kid friendly hike will be the Asahel Curtis Interpretive Nature Walk just off of I-90. The trail is one mile long. Nice and easy. After Saturday this is going to be heavenly. Depending on how folks are feeling, after the Asahel Curtis trail, the Franklin Falls trail head is nearby. This is a 2 mile hike gaining 250ft. If you're interested let me know by Friday so we can coordinate meeting up at the trail head (probably around 11am).

No comments:

Post a Comment