Friday, August 28, 2009

Hiking Plans for Final Hike-a-Thon Weekend!

The final weekend of the WTA hike-a-thon is here and I've got 15 miles to do to make my goal. Will I be hitting the Iron Goat trail? Slogging along on the 17 mile stretch to the Carbon Glacier at Mt. Rainier? Sadly, no. I will be pounding out my final 15 miles mostly on the Sammamish River Trail in Redmond this weekend. The company I work for is offering double pay for us to do some work this weekend so we can get caught up on our back log of work. While this is fantastic news for my bank account, it means I need to stick pretty close to home this weekend in order to get both work and hiking done. And while the Sammamish River Trail certainly isn't new to me, it will still be an enjoyable time. I'll probably break up the miles I have left over both Saturday and Sunday (but who knows, maybe I'll just go for it all at once on Saturday. I'll just have to see how I'm feeling). I still have a couple more posts I want to get up here before the official end of the hike-a-thon on Monday, so look for those to be posted this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment