Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Upcoming Hikes for this Weekend 8/8-9

Well it looks like the weather will still be nice for the weekend, but thankfully about 10 degrees cooler than it was last week. I haven't decided on a hike for Saturday, but for those interested in going on a kid friendly hike on Sunday I think I'm going to give Tonga Ridge a try. It's located off of Hwy 2. There is some discrepenancy in terms of mileage between the hiking book and the Forest Service website, but roundtrip it looks to be between 6 and 8 miles. Yes, it's a long one, but the elevation gain/loss is listed as less than 1000ft. Since this is a longer hike, let's meet at the trailhead at 9am. If you're interested in going, let me know by Friday so we can coordinate meeting up and such.

Once I've picked out a hike for Saturday, I'll post that one too. There's just so many hikes to choose from!

Ps. Ok, I've finally selected a hike for Saturday. I'll be trekking out to the Olympic National Park and doing the Ozette Loop. It will be a very long day of driving, but I think I'll survive!

No comments:

Post a Comment